Join Our Team of Fabric Specialists in Ottawa
We are a flourishing decor store located in Ottawa. Think you have what it takes to contribute as a successful member of the talented and experienced Drapery Plus Decor team? Take a look at our current available positions below.
We are seeking a motivated Interior Decorator, experienced in both the residential and commercial interior design process. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, an eye for detail, and be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines. This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Estimate project costs
- Prepare detailed specifications that reflect clients’ needs and tastes
- Perform expert selection of colours, finishes, and materials
- Able to work with installers to produce the best results possible
- Work to ensure complete client satisfaction
- Read commercial drawings
- Able to walk client through complete process (from consulting stage, to sale, to final installation)
- At least 5 years’ experience with Hunter Douglas products and ordering process
- Experience in residential and commercial decoration essential
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certification from a relevant 1 to 2 year program
- Interior decorator (residential) certificate
- Completion of a home decorating course
- Knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Fluent in English and French
Who You Are
- Able to work under pressure - someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with others in a diplomatic manner
- Willing to take initiative, be a team player, and exhibit flexibility
- Demonstrate great attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to meet tight deadlines while maintaining quality client care
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
If this position sounds like the perfect fit, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your resume to email@example.com.
For more information about our office or services, contact us today.